Audubon High School
Joe Flacco grew up in Audubon, New Jersey, a small suburban town. He always enjoyed playing sports, and could often be found at nearby athletic fields with his family practicing football and baseball. In high school, Flacco earned varsity letters in three sports – winning the most acclaim on the gridiron.
- Two-time New Jersey All-Group II, first-team All-South Jersey and All-Colonial Conference honoree
- South Jersey Touchdown Club Offensive Back of the Year and the Courier Post Scholar Athlete of the Year
- Single-game South Jersey record for most passing yards in a game (471).
- Three-year starter at QB, throwing for 5,137 yards (fourth-most in South Jersey history)
University Of Delaware
Joe took his QB-skills to the University of Pittsburgh on a full-scholarship. After two years of limited opportunity and a coaching change, Flacco transferred to the University of Delaware.
- Started all 26 games at Delaware after transferring from Pittsburgh
- In two seasons, he set 20 University of Delaware records, including most career completions (595) and attempts (938) and season records for completions (331), attempts (521) and yards (4,263)
- Joe owns game records for most completions (40) and attempts (51), consecutive attempts without an INT (212), yards passing per game (271.0), pass completion pct. (.634), and total offense per game (273.9)
- Named ECAC All-East Player of the Year and CAA Co-Offensive Player of the Year in 2007
Joe’s prolific years at Delaware, impressive Senior Bowl and combine workouts, caught the attention of pro scouts. His quick thinking, cool demeanor and physical tools led the Baltimore Ravens to select him with the 18th overall pick in the 2008 NFL Draft.
- First rookie QB in NFL history to win two playoff games, leading the Ravens to their first AFC Championship game since 2000
- Named the 2008 Diet Pepsi Rookie of the Year (NFL.com fan vote)
- Ravens’ all-time leading passer in yards, TD passes, completions and attempts
- Super Bowl XLVII Champion & MVP
- See more accomplishments and records here